A vegan and gluten free Mac and Cheese with a mexican twist thanks to our delicous housemade Salsa Macha.
For those who don’t know what Salsa Macha is, it’s a traditional Mexican Salsa made of any nut, seed, chile, oil and sometimes a sweetener. The name comes from the word “Macho”, which is meant for those who are strong and tough to handle it’s spice.
But not all salsas are the same. There are mild and spicier and we have a choice of them, depending on what you are feeling.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Good Eden’s salsa Macha (or to taste depending on which one you chose)
- 1/4 cup of Good Eden’s Cashew Cream Cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/8 cup of Good Eden’s Almond Milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
- 1 cup of fresh lima beans (available at Good Eden Market)
- 2 tbsp of fennel, chopped
- 3 TBSP of Nutritional Yeast
- Gluten free pasta of choice (We recommend Jovial)
- Herbs of choice and salt to taste.
- Cook pasta following brand’s directions
- In the meantime chop garlic and fennel.
- In a hot skillet add olive oil. Once it’s hot add garlic, fennel and herbs. Once cooked add a drizzle of salsa macha oil.
- Add lima beans and cook thoroughly.
- Once pasta is cooked, strain and add to veggie and lima bean mix. Add cashew cream cheese, milk and salt to taste.
- Mix gently to not break pasta and beans and a nice smooth creamy consistency is created.
- Add more salt if needed, nutritional yeast and salsa macha and mix.
- And… DONE!